|📰 Title:||KildClient||🕹️ / 🛠️ Type:||Tool|
|🗃️ Genre:||Adventure & Action||🚦 Status:|
|🏷️ Category:||Adventure & Action ➤ MUD ➤ Engine||🍥️ Name:||kildclient|
|🔖 Tags:||📦️ Arch:|
|🐣️ Approx. start:||🍥️ On Deb repo:|
|🐤️ Latest:||2019-01-20||📦️ Deb:|
|📍️ Version:||Latest : 3.2.0 / Dev : c20c33||📦️ RPM:|
|🏛️ License type:||FOSS/Libre||📦️ AppImage:|
|🏛️ License:||GPL-2+||📦️ Snap:|
|🏝️ Perspective:||Third person||📦️ Flatpak:|
|👁️ Visual:||Text||⚙️ Generic bin.:|
|⏱️ Pacing:||Real Time with Pause||📄️ Source:|
|👫️ Played:||Single||🌍️ Browser-based:|
|🎖️ This record:||📱️ PDA support:|
|🎖️ Game design:||👫️ Contrib.:||Goupil & Louis|
|🎰️ ID:||11632||🐛️ Created:||2011-12-19|
🏡️ Website & videos
[Homepage] [Dev site] [Features/About] [Screenshots] [Videos t(202xxx) ts(202xxx) gd(202xxx) id(202xxx) r(202xxx) lp(202xxx) g(202xxx) g[fr](202xxx) g[de](202xxx) g[ru](202xxx) g[pl](202xxx) g[cz](202xxx) g[sp](202xxx) g[pt](202xxx) g[it](202xxx) g[tr](202xxx)] [WIKI] [FAQ] [RSS] [Changelog 1 2 3]
💵 Commercial : (empty)
• (empty) :
🛠️ Technical informations
Devs (author(202xxx) [en]) : [Site] [Forums] [twitter] [YouTube] [Interview 1 2]
Game : [Blog] [Forums] [twitter] [YouTube]
[Wikipedia (MUD aka Multi-User Dungeon) [fr] [en]]
📦️ Misc. repositories
📰 News / Source of this Entry (SotE) / News (SotN)
Un client MUD.
KildClient est un client MUD, une interface permettant de jouer à des jeux de rôles non graphiques en ligne.
L'un de ses atouts principaux réside dans le support des scripts Perl. D'autres fonctionnalités standards sont également supportées (voir ci-après).
Un certain nombre de plugins sont disponibles sur le site et sur Sourceforge (lien "Dev site").
KildClient is a MUD Client written with the GTK+ windowing toolkit. It supports many common features of other clients, such as triggers, gags, aliases, macros, timers, and much more. But its main feature is the built-in Perl interpreter. You can at any moment execute Perl statements and functions to do things much more powerful than simply sending text the the mud. Perl statements can also be run, for example, as the action of a trigger, allowing you to do complex things. Some built-in functions of KildClient allow interaction with the world, such as sending commands to it. KildClient's ANSI support s extensive: it supports not only the common 16 colors, but also supports underlined text (singly and doubly), text in italics, text striked through, reverse video and "hidden" text. It also supports vt100's line-drawing characters, and xterm's escape sequences for a 256-color mode. All these features make KildClient one of the clients with the most features for displaying the mud output. It supports MCCP versions 1 and 2, and chat using the MudMaster and zChat protocols.
Here are some of KildClient's features:
• Support for Perl scripting. Perl statements can be executed by entering them prefixed with "/", or functions can be defined and called.
• Several worlds can be opened simultaneously.
• Easy switching between worlds with the tabs or Perl functions.
• New text notification.
• Plugins to extend the basic functionality.
• Extensive ANSI support, several attributes such as italics, underline, reverse video, etc. are displayed
• vt100's line drawing mode supported for displaying nice tables.
• Supports a 256-color mode (the same used by xterm).
• SOCKS4/5 and HTTP proxy support.
• Triggers and gags, using regular expressions for matching.
• Triggers can change the color and/or style of the line that matched (highlighting).
• Aliases, allowing you to substitute what you type with some other text.
• Macros for sending text or executing commands with a single keypress.
• Timers for repeated execution of commands.
• Hooks for executing actions when some events happen.
• Graphical Interfaces for adding triggers, aliases, etc. easily.
• The input bar can be enlarged to display several lines if there
• is need to send very long lines.
• Support auto-login, and a World can have several characters associated to it, sharing the same settings.
• Hability to display the time at which each line was received.
• Support for logging the output to a file, including optionally a timestamp.
• A function to send multiple lines of text and/or the contents of a file to the world.
• Speed-walking feature to ease walking around.
• Associate notes with a world (with the use an included plugin)
• Search the buffer for a string.
• Spell checker for the text you type.
• Direct chat with other users of KildClient or of other clients compatible with the MudMaster or zChat protocols.
• Supports MCCP (Mud Client Compression Protocol) versions 1 and 2, to compress data sent from the server and thus reduce bandwidth.
• Supports connection securely with SSL to hosts tht support it.